The birth of the plans
for a library in Livonia began in 1916. In 1919, the trustees,
through the efforts of Dr. Frank Squires, acquired the Mary Hoyt
residence on the corner of Washington and Main Streets. The Hoyt
home was used for the Library until 1927, when it was replaced
by the new building we now know at the Patterson Library, located
on the corner of Washington Street and Main Street.
The Livonia Public
Library is the most utilized library in Livingston County.
Visit their web site
to view their hours of operation, search their online catalog,
obtain reference help, read book reviews and more.